Thursday, March 11, 2010

Before anything else, take care of the leaking batteries

There is a list of problems. When got home from work I checked the flippers and found that the upper left flipper was seizing. This caused the fuse to blow and that's why the flippers weren't working. I really wanted to start looking at flippers and the display but the battery corrosion problem had to be taken care of immediately.


The F-14 is a Williams system 11 type pinball machine. Thanks very much to the guys at http://www.pinrepair.com/ for publishing great repair guides. Here is their guide for my machine.



In that guide, there is a section for making a modification to how the batteries attach to the board. The idea is to get the batteries to a remote location so if they leak, the main board isn't damaged. I followed their advice, but with a few modifications.



I didn't want to turn the machine on again until I had the corrosion all cleaned up and this modification done.

Click on the pictures for a better look at my notes.













I had a 3 battery holder in my parts drawer. It's not much, but I wanted to save the $2 so I went with the three battery holder rather thatn the 4 battery holder as outlined in the pinrepair guide.





Here is some other stuff I saw that concerns me. However, if it’s working, I’m not going to mess with it at all.








These were sent in an e-mail to Chad, he said that it was a good work log and that I should start a blog. So here it is. I'm getting it all caught up and from now on, all of the work will be logged to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment