First, the thing on the left is a bushing, the thing on the right is a grommet. I kept calling the bushing a grommet (see previous posts). Don't do what I did. It created unecessary confusion at the supplier.
The coil didn't fit correctly. I thought maybe it had something to do with the coil sleeve, but that sleeve came with the coil in that direction. I thought it must be right, who am I to question?
So I did what a guy who used to work in a body shop does. I used pliers and "adjusted" the stop. I figured that maybe it came from the manufacturer a little bent or something. The coil fit a little better, but you can see here what happened.
I wasn't sure how the bushing screws went in at first. The plate is threaded so I tightened the screws in first, then I used the nuts to lock them in place.
Here it is, all together, correct, I hope.
The next step was to get this new flipper in place.
Here is the underside of the playfield with the flipper post coming through.
I screwed the flipper assembly in place and tightened it just enough so the flipper wouldn't swing around. I adjusted the flipper so it was in line with the ball exit then tightened it the rest of the way.
Before I soldered the wires back in place, I put some cardboard down so I wouldn't drip solder on anything. I used a clamp to hold the cardboard in place against a strong bracket.
Here it is, all done. I fired up the game and it worked great. The bottom left flipper was still weak, but I already knew I would probably have to rebuild it. I played for about 15 minutes and asked my wife if she wanted to try. She did, but before she got to the machine, this happened. I guess I used the last few flips. Sorry hon, gotta rebuild another flipper before we can play.