Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday Morning Order

I just sent an order off to Pinball Life. 2x11630 coils and 2x11722 coils. One of the 11630 (Lower flippers) tests completely fine, but I'm already replacing the other 3 so why mess around. I'll hang onto it for the next order.

I also ordered 4 flipper grommets. That's the only part not included in the rebuild kit. So, with a rebuild kit, coil, and grommet, the only original part left is the bracket.

$12.50 Rebuild Kit (2 flippers for $25)
$9.75 Coil
$.85 Grommet
----------------------------------------
$23.10

A full flipper assembly is $32.50. So, if you have time, it's cheaper to rebuild one than buy new.

I posted this blog to rec.games.pinball. Hello if you are visiting from there. I have gotten a lot of nice comments and so far, 71 visitors from the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, France, Finland, Australia, and the Netherlands.

I got this helpful comment from user MarchAFB in RGP:

Mike,

I was just looking at your posted pictures and your playfield is in much better shape than mine was, but I noticed your sling plastics are wrong. They are not from an F-14.

Nice blog, keep it going.

Corey

Thanks Corey! Chad looked it up for me. When you said this, he said, "Yea, I thought that it was weird that an F-14 had Oil Pressure and a Turbo Boost." He went looking and it turns out that the plastics are from a "High Speed".

Thanks for that, I don't know how long before I would have noticed.

John Wart, jr posted a long list of suggestions. I skimmed it because I have to run off right now, but I can't wait to get into it.

So, thanks for the warm welcome RGP! I hope I can contribute in a meaningful way, even if it's just documenting my noob woes for future new guys to learn from and for the veterans to remember what it was like to do things like:

To remove the flipper grommet, I held the nut with a wrench and turned the screw. The first one came out OK, but had plastic in the threads. The second screw sheared right off with almost no effort at all. Am I supposed to just be removing the nuts and pulling the grommet off screws and all?? Or was that just a freak accident. Did I mess up something simple? Oh jeeez....

No comments:

Post a Comment