Sunday, April 4, 2010

Beacons

They neatly covered the holes left behind with a piece of plexiglass painted black.  I removed that, then mounted the beacon mechanism.  I replaced a bulb and figured the other two were fine.  It didn't matter anyway, I just wanted to see if any would light.

It turns out those lights are wired in series, so if one goes out, they all go out.  I replaced all three bulbs and played a game.  They worked great.  Here is a picture:


Those are plastic covers from 100 CD spindles.  I just have them there as place holders.  I may put some clear colored plastic inside them until I get the real things.  Once I get the belts, I'll post pictures of cleaning and rebuilding the pulleys.

No comments:

Post a Comment