Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Gift out of the blue

I got a message out of the blue from Joe who I bought the machine from.


Hi Mike,

How is the restore going? Any thing I can do?

I would like to send you something in the mail to commemorate your first pinball. Send me your address and you should have it in a week. Don't ask it's a surprise, no it doesn't go into or on the machine.

Joe




Wow, mysterious!  I sent him my address and a few days later, this cool thing arrived:


When I picked up the machine from Joe, he had a new laser cutter in his garage that he would be using for some top secret projects.  I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceburg.

It's cut into a piece of ... well, I'll let Joe tell you.  At first I wasn't sure if it was OK to post this as I know that sometimes there are licensing concerns, so I asked Joe first.


Hi Mike,

Glad you liked it. Yes, I did it on the laser. That is a piece of Absolute Black Marble. I have been cleared to make these so don't worry about posting it. Display it proud, you have the only one ever made.... for now.

Joe


Hah!  FIRST!!!
Thanks Joe, that was really nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment