Sunday, July 25, 2010

New Power Connector

One of the connectors on my power supply was discolored and if you felt it with the power on, it was hot.  This usually happens with an old connector that isn't making good contact.  I missed one picture, that's of me crimping a new pin in place.  But you'll get the point.  I think that I showed the pin crimping in an earlier post anyway.

Here you can see the burnt connector.

I usually move one wire at a time to the new connector so I don't lose track of which wire goes to which pin.  You can clearly see the difference between the old connector and the new one.

Here the new connector is in place, and it stays cool as we're playing.  Another successful repair.

Coming soon:  Transfer into the new cabinet and then down into the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment